everyone counts

Monday, July 18, 2005

Every Mother's Son

There are some things a mother just should never have to do...
In about 17 hours I will be sitting in a court room, waiting to testify in the civil trial against my son. The victim's family wants to convince the jury that my son is a monster and my husband and I are religious kooks. This hurts really bad. I hope someday I will be able to minister to mothers who feel what I've been feeling for the past three years. I drive by convicts doing road work and shout, "I'm praying for your mothers"
I want to say, no matter what the world thinks, Jesus valued your sons so much that He died for them...I want to tell them it is ok to still love their sons.
And right now, I would ask my friends to pray for me.

7 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you let us know the time. I am praying.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you in prayer, and know that I can deeply empathize with you. My wife's daughter by previous marriage is living with an abusive, meth (crank) user. The daughter has two children and one on the way. They have moved over 20 times, back and forth accross the country in just two years.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Thank you, once again, for sharing your heart with us. You are truly an inspiration and your strength is encouraging. Still praying...

Anonymous said...

praying for the lord's peace and strength for you and your family...

Monk-in-Training said...

Sanctify, O Lord, those whom You have called to the study and practice of the arts of justice, and to the prevention of injustice. Comfort MaryEllen and her family during this stressful time. Strengthen them by your life-giving Spirit, fill their heart with faith in Your love. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Kim said...

hoping all went well....

Anonymous said...

You're still in my thoughts and in my prayers...hope all is going well and that God's peace is with you.