everyone counts

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Can't Sleep

It is nearly 2:00am and I can't sleep.
This has been a busy week. On the most part, a good week. A week of ministry, worship and prayer. We helped raise funds for Passion Play Ministries International (PPMI), the dance team I am on ministered at a woman's conference, we spent all day Saturday at Window Rock, the Navajo Nation's capitol, where we joined with our brothers and sisters and friends in a 8 hour prayer service, the Navajo Nation's Day of Prayer. We enjoyed a beautiful drive to and from, Shiprock to Window Rock. Friday I even found time to bake cupcakes with my grandchildren for the Father's Day Celebration at church. Only the grandchildren won't be at church for the celebration. Their mother has decided to punish their father for having a new "girlfriend" by not letting him take them to church. It's a long story. A sad story. My son and I were on the phone for an hour as he vented. He feels helpless, I feel helpless...
He ended the call by asking me to pray for him. I'm trying. But it's hard.
Love your enemies says our LORD. But it is hard. I rather pray like the psalms that call curses down on the enemy. I cry out to the LORD to free my grandchildren from captivity. Those people are not believers. They are... No, never mind...no details, no bad mouthing...How do I pray through this?
We are broke, with no income coming until September 1. It will be a long hot summer. My son is a pizza delivery boy. He doesn't have enough money for a lawyer. My other son being in prison complicates matters. I know I need to pray. It's all I can do. But how? Peace through this storm. Mercy to triumph over justice. Protection for my grandchildren as their parents and grandparents duke it out? Not my husband and me...we are just on the side lines...praying
But my son, and his ex wife, and her parents who technically have custody of Elijah and Amadaya. This could be the end of my even being able to see the kids. And they are using church and father's day to punish my son. But how am I supposed to pray about this????
Why pray???? Either this whole thing is part of God's great plan...and I must resign myself to His will and suffer through it. Or the free will of the non believers in this story will win out because God will not interfere with anyones free will. God knows what is best, and He will do what is best, whether I pray or not...this is too hard. this is too personal.
This was a good week, and it came to a crashing, slamming halt with the phone call from my son at midnight. I was about Kingdom business all week.
See what I wrote on Psalm 37?
I do not feel like the Bride of Christ, or a beloved child of my heavenly father.
I feel condemned, guilt ridden, and hopeless.
I want to ask, seek, knock, and be answered. I want signs and wonders and miracles and yes and amen.
enough of this whining. for some reason it seems easier these days to type my thoughts then to write them out in my prayer journal. and there are only about 8 pages left in my current journal anyway. But I think that is where I will spend the rest of this night/morning. I'll go sit on my deck, wrapped in a blanket, writing in my journal. I'll pray. I'll cry please daddy please! I'll listen for the first chirps of the morning bird song.
And maybe, on Monday or Tuesday I'll just delete this

5 comments:

Arthur Brokop II said...

in this long personal entry i refered to what i wrote concerning psalm 37, only it was actually psalm 36 that i wrote about...only as i double checked it i saw that psalm 37 was probably a good one to pray through tonight/this morning. heaven help me!

Wanderer said...

My prayers for you and yours, although you probably don't remember me. "To everything a time" is most accurate indeed, as I found this quite by accident the day after your family came up in conversation.

Martha misses all of you. While she pretends to brush it off, the sudden severing of her connection with all of you bothers her when you come up.

We will pray for you, and she would be overjoyed to hear from any of you again.

Be at peace. Trust in God. Remember that we are all loved by Him even if we stumble or allow ourselves to forget for a time to trust Him. Remember that we are frequently loved and remembered by those we have parted paths with or forgotten.

Steve

Arthur Brokop II said...

holy cow steve...
of course I remember you
I've wanted to make contact with the family...but have been afraid to do so...
we have suffered so much rejection over the past 3 years...
i will check out your blog and
email you
by the way...thanks for the prayers...they have been answered and continue to be answer...
I actually got a yes and amen this time!

Anonymous said...

psalm 37 is a potent, real, from-the-gut psalm. i absolutely love it. it carried me through my single years before i met my wife. i've preached it from the pulpit a couple-o times as well. praying you'll find HIM in the midst of your struggle and in his word...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to tell you but hold on...hold on...hold on. God is there...and He will see you through. I don't understand why some believers have to go through so much in this life...but don't give up because the best is yet to come. I love you, Sis. Hold on.