everyone counts

Friday, June 17, 2005

Books????

(see Robby's blog from my links)
1. Number of Books I own?
Well the number of books in our office is about 400, the number in my "classroom library" which are actually mine is about 150 (some multiple copies). The number of books that I have collected for the grand kids about 75.
If I count my great grandmother's diaries (50+ years worth)and my prayer journals (over 25), the books we haven't unpacked since our last move, and the books that my sons have left behind I'd say just under 1000.
2. Last book I bought, this was for my special education class, I bought the book set and the book on tape and the video (which stinks): A Wrinkle in Time.
I also bought this very mushy sentimental picture book for the grand kids called "Love You Forever" (find it Mo, I'll bet it brings a tear to your eye).
3. Last book I've read (not counting the story books I read to Elijah and Amadaya or the Book of James from the Bible) Freak the Mighty with my class at school.
5. Five books that mean a lot to me.
Does the Book of Isaiah count? Angel Unaware by Dale Evans about their mentally handicapped child. I think it is out of print and I've lost my copy.
Strike the Original Match by Chuck Swindoll, it saved our marriage about 20 years ago. Piercing the Darkness by Peretti. A Framework for Understanding Poverty by Ruby Payne - must reading for teachers! The Chronicals of Narnia by CS Lewis.
Two major books when I was a kid. Honey Bunch, it was a brown "chapter book" that Nanny read to me...a chapter a night. I don't recall the story, but I remember the experience. Mr. Blue, I read it in high school, can't recall the author, but the story made me stop and think deeply about the meaning of life.

And who would I "tag" to put in their 2 cents concerning this?
Johanna and Bobbie (e-mail me your answers)
Art (he'll be more theological and acedemic than me)

right now I am reading a book called Morning Star by my son Ardy. I'm previewing and will begin preparing it for submission soon. It is a fantasy/allagory, pretty good if a mom may say so.

No comments: