everyone counts

Monday, June 20, 2005

Psalm 30:5

Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 126:5
Those who sow in tears will reap with joyful shouting.
Ecclesiastes 3:2,4
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to weep and a time to laugh!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement.
Amazing to make contact with someone from 10 years+ into my past.
So, this is what I told my best friend Bobbie.
Sometimes, when my three year old grandson gets really tired and really mad, I try to get him to sit on my lap and calm down. But he just gets madder. I try to talk to him, but he just yells louder. I long to hold him, to comfort him, but he will have nothing to do with soft words or gentle touches. So I have to step back and let the tantrum ride its course.
I think that’s the way it was with me early Sunday morning. I was tired…a good kind of tired, the kind that comes from doing Kingdom work. And the enemy bit me in my weakest spot. I threw a fit.
I was the “three year old” refusing to sit on Abba’s lap and be comforted.
I’m glad that Our Father, in Heaven, is patient and loving…
His lovingkindness endures forever!

No comments: