everyone counts

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Father

Sometimes, when I know I should be praying but have a hard time getting focused, I fall back on the ol' time religion, and start saying the Lord's Prayer.
Our Father...
But often, like now, the first two words tend to overwhelm me.
Our - who is "our" ?
Does it encompass all of humankind?
Or is it limited to those who name the name of Christ?
I like to think it includes all the people on my prayer list...even those who are not "saved" yet.
Surely it includes the prodigal sons and the Jews (God's chosen)
Was Judas there when Jesus taught the disciples to pray? Was he part of the "our" ?
Our Father...Abba Father...Daddy
A perfect...THE perfect Father in a world of imperfect fathers.
Provider, Protector, Teacher and Disciplinarian.
Father's Day has just passed. I trust my own, imperfect father is resting in peace.
I am thankful that my husband is a father...because if he weren't, I wouldn't be a mother, and I so love being a mother - and a grandmother. My son is a great father. Not perfect of course...but great.

Thank you Jesus, Yashua Messiah for reminding us that the Almighty and living God, Creator of all that is seen and unseen, is in fact  Our Father.
amen

No comments: