everyone counts

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Snowy Saturday

Hebrews
Who wrote it? After careful study of the on going debate concerning it’s un-named author, I’d vote for Barnabus - the encourager.
When I was teaching at a Christian School in Colorado I had my 4th and 5th graders memorize Hebrews 11 - The Faith Chapter…one of my favorite sections of Scripture:
6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
So I will start with Hebrews.
The first chapter is declaring the divinity of Jesus. The other spirits (angels) pale in the presence of Jesus. Jesus was, is, will always be unique! The SON of God!
From the
Bible Study I like to visit,
“The point was that God's people now must look only to Jesus, whose atoning death, resurrection and ascension have opened the way into the true, heavenly sanctuary of God's presence”
I remember the night when I realized that Jesus was the Enlightenment I had been searching for. After many months of going down many different spiritual paths, from
Buddhism (Zen) to Wicca, I was amazed to discover that the Truth was not some mystic occult secret, but rather a Person, The Person…Jesus. How could it be so simple? The Bible? So readily available to so many. Maybe the hard part is not really accepting the Truth of Jesus, but choosing to live the Life that this acceptance leads to. I think of James, Jesus’ own brother, who wrote:
Jam 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
But that’s another book, and that’s another story

No comments: