everyone counts

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I didn't pray today...

yet -
I'm at school, third period and prep time. My first two classes (English and Reading with the same students) did not go very well. The kids were loud and disrespectful and I was impatient. About an hour into the moring, I realized, I hadn't prayed yet. I slept in late...my husband drove me to work...we are putting out yet another fire (foxes in the vineyard), and I didn't have a chance to bind this day in the Name of the Lord. It makes such a big difference. Monday and Tuesday I actually got time to annoint the desks and door with oil. In four minutes I will hit POST and get out my Bible...I will put on my praise music and spend time with the Lord.
I haven't spent much time on the computer lately. We were off line at home for a few days, and I am very busy at work. I haven't been able to visit my friends here in blog land. And I miss it. I miss the dialoge. I miss the connection. Sometimes I feel very lonely. But no more self indulgement. Time to get focused. Time to get a lone with the one person who matters most, the only one person who actually matters at all...I'm coming LORD...

9 comments:

Chris P. said...

Hope the fire is out.

tacobell said...

Come see my beautiful lilies!

Kim said...

My kids and I have morning prayers every day in the car on the way to school -- it is the most important and beloved part of my day. Sadly, if we don't drive anywhere on a given day, we don't have morning prayers -- and boy do we all feel it. Luckily, I can't remember the last time we had no where to go in the morning...a mixed blessing...

Wanderer said...

A simple suggestion to borrow from me if it isn't tainted. I will amend it so as not to offend:

Wake up each morning and say, "Good morning, Lord. I love you."

This is not to say you should forgo any other prayers, but if you miss on a day, you still feel better having heard or just felt his reply: "I love you too."

Cecelia said...

Maryellen, you have lovely friends who visit your blog. How encouraging they are to you!

Grey Owl said...

I hope this week is more relaxed for you. Cheers,

Arthur Brokop II said...

welcome back flip, i missed you...yes cecilia, i do have lovely friends here in blog land...in the "real" world my husband and i have been feeling quite alone and rejected lately, somehow blogging helps me feel concected...
it's only monday. sunday morning was good, at least the worship part - thanks chris, but the sermon was a little too obvious and made me hungry, and we didn't get a chance to serve during the evening service the way we had planned so we were a little disheartened...no big deal, only in my current frame of mind, everything seems to be a big deal.
nevermind all that...time to go home!

Chris P. said...

and we didn't get a chance to serve during the evening service the way we had planned so we were a little disheartened


?????

Arthur Brokop II said...

never mind...no big deal
hey you guys, please pray for my homeless son Jeremiah...