everyone counts

Friday, August 05, 2005

You can laugh, but read the next one too...

from bobbie
I bold typed my favorites...
Have you ever been driving down the road at 50 or 60 mph, passed a church and tried to read the sign out front. I sometimes slow down to read them and on occasion have turned around and gone back to catch the last part because I was going too fast to read it all. Here are a few you can read while driving your computer and you won't run off the road trying to see them: "The best vitamin for a Christian is B1." "Under same management for 2000 years." "Soul food served here." "Tithe if you love Jesus! Anyone can honk." "Beat the Easter rush, come to church this Sunday." "Don't wait for the hearse to take you to church." "Don't give up, Moses was once a basket case." "Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours." "Worry is interest paid on trouble before it is due." "Wal Mart isn't the only saving place." "Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary." "Prevent truth decay. Brush up on your Bible." "It's hard to stumble when you're down on your knees." "What part of 'thou shalt not' don't you understand?" "A clear conscience makes a soft pillow." "The wages of sin is death. Repent before payday." "Never give the Devil a ride. He will always want to drive." "Can't sleep? Try counting your blessings." "Forbidden fruit creates jams." "Christians, keep the faith -but not from others." "Satan subtracts and divides. God adds and multiplies." "To belittle is to be little." "If you don't want to reap the fruits of sin, stay out of the Devil's orchard." "Don't let the littleness in others bring out the littleness in you." "God answers knee-mail."

5 comments:

tacobell said...

Those are hilarious Mary Ellen. We have a small church near here that does that also and I find myself taking that route on purpose sometimes just to read the witty sayings!! Don't you ever wonder who thinks of all of those things?? He's (or she's ) could become a millionaire if they wrote a book and published it!!
BTW: My new blog is www.salvesanctamaria.blogspot.com
You can still post comments on my old one but I was unable to post anthing new - I lost my dashboard.
Come visit me - you add so much to the discussion and I know that Ken and I both really like having you on our blogs. You're a special lady!!
Bridget

Chris P. said...

The worst offenders are the Baptist and Nazerene churches.
Drive around town and read their marquees.

Arthur Brokop II said...

actually, i am most "offended" by the main presybertarian church in town. their signs are not cute little puns, they are false "doctrine" and weirdly worded new age slogans.
ofcourse, a joke is just a joke right?

Kim said...

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary"

My personal favorite. I think that's a quote from St. Francis of Asisi.

We just saw one in Iowa that said "Think this is hot? Hell is hotter." (it averaged about 96 degrees with 98% humidity -- a lovely midwest August) Made me laugh.

Chris P. said...

Maryellen

You are right about 1st Presbyterian Their slogans are pretty much new age.