everyone counts

Monday, August 08, 2005

Psalm 139

God understands my thoughts from afar, He is intimately acquainted with me, and that is good.
Search me, and Lead me Oh Lord...

I saw angels in church last night. I don't have visions very often, and when I do I try to dismiss them, since I will admit to a very active and somewhat out of control imagination. But I saw angels in church last night. I tried to change what I saw, color it, add to it, but the vision stayed constant, so maybe it wasn't just my imagination. I have seen angels before.
Here is what I saw last night.
There were three (not counting the two that were assigned to me three years ago. I already blogged about them). One of them three was standing behind the drummer, big and strong, with its arms folded, kind of like a body guard. One of them was kneeling beside the worship leader.
That angel had one hand on the Worship Leaders feet and the other hand was raised to heaven.
I thought maybe the angel was holding him down, then the verse about "how lovely on the mountain are the feet of them who bring good news"came to mind. The third angel was dancing in front, near the pulpit.

There are two poems and two stories on Dawn is Coming, and another story will be posted by tomorrow.

I start back to work tomorrow. Still no definite word about whether we will have to move.
I am really fighting the spirit of discouragement and fear.

Sometimes, visiting my friends in the blog world and commenting and commenting on comments helps...sometimes it doesn't. But still, I blog on!.

11 comments:

Arthur Brokop II said...

I love you mom!

Apostle John said...

Visions such as this are rarely shared - they are our most intimate and private experiences. Thanks for sharing!

My sister had such visions before her death, and I think I am the only one with whom she shared this.

In my church, I have sensed demons. The custodian says he has seen them. From time to time a few of the elders and I walk around the church and pray in each room -- things immediately get better for a while. The church needs more angels.

BTW - have you ever noticed the letters to the churches in Revelation are not actually letters TO CHURCHES, but to the ANGELS of the churches.

YO SOY EL QUE YO SOY said...

Are u really mother and son???


I love you thats so cute

Arthur Brokop II said...

Pastor Art is my husband
Arthur b roberts is my son
it is a family affaire
physically maryellen is fine thank you, emotionally, I am fighting depression, spiritually I am fighting doubts

but God is Good!

Chris P. said...

Maryellen,
Thank you for posting this.

Psalm 70

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like you were priviliged to a beautiful sight. Thank you for sharing what you saw and for sharing your heart.

I also just wanted to tell you, I love Psalm 139. I used part of this Psalm when I taught at the high school girl's retreat this past weekend.

Still praying...stay strong.

Tyfud said...

I unfortunately couldn't read your post, so assulted was I with a multi-color spectrum of light, that to describe it would bring you to the very brink of madness and despair.

Anonymous said...

Hope work is going well. I should be finding out this week about a job I'm hoping to get. Are you in year round school? It just seems like your school is starting really early. We don't start out here until Sept. 6th. Anyway, hope you're having a good day. What grade do you teach again? I'm waiting to hear if I am going to get a second grade position. I hope so because I taught second grade last year and loved it. Have a great rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

Visions such as these are usually the product of an overactive imagination or a schizophrenic mind. But they can also be demonic - remember that Satan appears as an ANGEL of light.

There is absolutely no possiblity that the angles that you claim to be seeing are of God!

Humble yourself before the Lord - and seek ye first the Truth - not silly visions!

Arthur Brokop II said...

I teach special ed language arts and social studies, grades 7 and 8
an I'm curious as to why anonymous says there is no way my angels could have been of God?
It was just probably just my imagination, and I certinly wouldn't build any theology around it, but why are you so sure it couldn't be of God?
by the way, I wasn't seeking this "vision"

Anonymous said...

beautiful vision and great word from God. Blessed are the feet indeed :)