everyone counts

Friday, August 26, 2005

It's Not About Me

Oh heavenly Father, I am so sorry for indulging in these pointless pity parties. And I am sorry too, for letting the arguements and debates get in the way of my serving you, worshiping you, living for you! This is not about me, not at all. It is about families whose homes have been stolen from them by their own people. It's about little children fighting for their lives in hospitols all over the world, and moms and dads trying to be brave. It's about a brand new baby girl, and the family that loves her, and grandmas who are feeling too old to walk another step. It's about those "Glonni's" at the market begging for quarters. How many quarters does it take to buy a pint? It's about those handsome young warriors in my classroom who are so angry, and those lovely princesees who have to put up with their nonsense. And I will leave my classroom in a few minutes, hoping that I don't run out of gas on the way home, but its only a two mile walk if I do. I will leave my classroom and hope that my grandkids are at my house waiting for me. I will leave my classroom and take a deep breath of awe when I see the sky, the clouds, the messas and the bluffs that are Shiprock, New Mexico, the mountains in the distance and the trees growing along the river. Oh, Heavenly Father, creator of the Universe. Thank You!

2 comments:

Wanderer said...

I will arrogantly assume that my beautiful baby girl was the one that you referenced, and I thank you. However, another comment you brought up touched on a painful side note amongst my community that I would like to share. I have always felt that God listens to our hearts, not the words or the names for him that are involved. As such, I risk sharing my pain with you folks, and hope it doesn't burden you too much.

In the hospital right now (Strong, not the same as my Emily who is at RGH) is a young boy who was born a week earlier than my daughter to a co-worker of mine. His young mother had only been joined with him for twenty five weeks. He is well for the moments, but having rough times, and the statistics even now are not good. Despite the difficulties with this, I was surprised that his mother called my wife personally and issued a heartfelt congratulations to her.

I don't as yet have a name for the young man. I am not sure he has one. I pray daily for him though, and ask that you might do the same. I know none of you know those directly involved, but I still feel that adding more people praying for him can only be good. I thank you in advance for your good wishes for this young man. Even if it is no more than adding the feelings of your own heart to this statement as you read: Lord, you asked us to be more like the children. Help this one to grow and show us how.

Arthur Brokop II said...

I will pray...
I have twin neices who were born premature, they weighed about 2 pounds each. I was amazed at how small they were. They are now very healthy and very active 9 year olds. God have mercy on these parents as they hold vigil over their baby's crib.