everyone counts

Monday, June 27, 2005

Angels

When this whole thing began with my son; his hidden sin exposed, his life in ruins, our family shaken to the core…I had a very interesting experience with angels. We went to a conference in Durango Colorado, about an hour away from where we live. The church had brought in people from IHOP (not the pancake house, the International House of Prayer,) and they did some Harp and Bowl worship, which does not involve harps or bowls, but it’s hard to explain. Thursday night I was blessed, but not really filled up.
Friday night the message was very meaningful to me, and I knew that the LORD was using it to help me. I went forward for prayer, I stood in the front and poured out my heart with my tears. But I noticed that people on all sides of me were being prayed for. Some were lying on the floor, some where kneeling as prayer warriors were laying hands on them. No one seemed to notice me. I stood alone. And Jesus said, never mind them, this is between you and me, who do you need me to be right now? Lord, I said, I am the woman who is burying her son, I am at his grave crying, Oh Lord, my son, my son. And I need to you raise him up for me. I was assured that his life would be restored to something much better than it was before…
But Lord, I asked, why isn’t anybody praying for me? And he said, because I’ve set two big angels at your side, one to the left and one to the right, so no one will bother you, because this time is for you and me…
The next night someone came up and gave me a big hug, she said she had noticed me, and was going to come up to me, but she had a “check” in her spirit, that Jesus and I were dealing with something and she shouldn’t interfere. It would have been cooler if she had seen those big angels. Anyway, I wrote down in my Bible, to remember the angels at harp and bowl when things got too rough. To remember that they were real, that He is real, that it will be OK.
Yes, LORD, I'm trying!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a Vineyard moment. I love when God does that -- gives you something big that helps you carry on. Awesome.