everyone counts

Friday, April 08, 2005

Seek and You Shall Find

ok, so this is the first thing...but when i am done today it will look like the third thing right?
anyway...
i lost some very important papers, my filing system is pitiful. I've been asking the LORD to help, reminding Him of Matthew 7:7 and He reminded me of something that happened way back when, when my boys were 5 and 6 years old, and my husband and I were full time students, living in Married Student Housing. Finances were a real pain, and we didn't have a car. I borrowed a friend's to go into town one afternoon and got a parking ticket. Bummer. This was NY and the fine was $50.00. Might as well have been $500. I had 30 days to pay the thing, so I tucked it away trying to figure out where that money was going to come from. 28 days later I had the money on hand, but couldn't find the ticket. I was frantic. It wouldn't be me, but the owner of the car, who would get in trouble if the ticket wasn't paid. And it was going to be a real hassel to find out how to pay the fine without the ticket. So I hunted and I prayed...PLEEEZE Lord, You said"seek and you shall find", You said "whatsoever you ask for..." I wasn't asking for a million dollars. I just wanted to find the stupid ticket. i was really frustrated, a kind of frustration only the mother of 2 small boys can really understand. And like a spoiled child myself, I threw a spiritual temper tantrum. How could I believe in my heavenly father and in the power of prayer if he refused to answer such a simple prayer. I was at the end of my rope. I was getting ready to climb into the dumpster to see if the ticket was in the trash bag i had tossed the night before, when my friend Diane called. She could tell by my voice, i was rather upset. But when I told her why she just started to laugh. And then she confessed...she had noticed the ticket the week before, when she came over for coffee...and she had taken it...and paid the fine.
I knew then, and remember now, that there was a deep spiritual truth to be learned by that experience. And that's that...

No comments: