everyone counts

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

alphabetic acrostic poem

Sometimes, when I am having trouble falling asleep, I pray God's Blessing alphabetically
     God Bless Amadaya, Art, Ardy, The Antes, The Alcheffs, The Admires, God Bless Bobbie and the Balbies, and Barbie and Carl etc.etc.

Sometimes, when I know I need to get into the WORD but don't know where in the WORD to read, I say a little prayer and a number comes into my mind "34" or 12 or 7 or 145...and I turn to that psalm. Not the best system I know, but it works for me.

Today it was Psalm 34 and my Bible tells me it was/an alphabetic acrostic poem - written in Hebrew of course, by King David.

So I decided that I should write my own - here
Not too many people read these ramblings. That's ok, they are basically just old lady passing thoughts. I thought I'd blog a daily prayer this summer, but didn't stick to the plan. That's ok too I think. I am writing in my journal every day, and Art and I have been "devoting" together and making some headway too. But anyway...Here is my "on the fly" alphabetic acrostic poem/prayer/psalm

Anxiety LORD, though You say not to be Anxious, truly I am trying not to panic.
Beautiful moments in the morning...a friendly butterfly and chirping birds do bring me peace
Casting my cares upon You...yet what appears to be the real world comes crashing down on me and I cry...
Desperately crying out...in near despair crying out to the only true Deliverer
Everlasting - Eternal
Father
Glorious God
Holy, Holy, Holy
Ignore those earthly things? How can I ignore them? Ignoring them does not make them go away.
Jesus, my Rock, my Savior, my Hope
King of Kings
Lord of Lords
Mighty, Almighty Maker of Heaven and Earth...hear my cry for Mercy
Nothing is too difficult for Thee - right? No, not by might nor by power but by Thy Spirit will I be saved
Only through the presence of You, oh Yahweh, will I find the peace I need
Peace that passes all understanding.
Quiet my soul, calm my spirit, quench my thirst for you and become my peace
Resist the enemy? Yes! Rest in the presence of my LORD? Yes! Jesus my Rock and my Redeemer
Say but the word and I shall be healed, made whole! See the great things He has done?
Thank you oh LORD, many, many thanks for the many many blessings you have bestowed upon me
Undying, everlasting Love.
Victory over discouragement and fear
Worthy are you of my Worship
eXalted above all things!
Yes, Yes and Amen
Zechariah 10:1


No comments: