everyone counts

Thursday, April 22, 2010

cameras. mirrors, and memories

I am discovering the joy of Facebook...connecting with friends, searching for shadows of my past, chatting with my sisters. And I am becoming more and more aware of my face. When did I get so old? When did I start looking so much like  my mother. Some of the friends I found, some of the shadows, look really good. I'm just a frumpy, grandma type school marm. The mirror over my sink doesn't mock me as much as that nasty camera when it turns on me. I think, if I try, I can remember being young and thin. But in all honesty, I wasn't very happy back then. Lost you might say. I'd like to be healthier, which would mean that I would have to drop a considerable number of pounds. I think being a better steward of the body which the LORD has given me, would enable me to serve Him more effectively. I'm trapped in an exhausting cycle of being to tired to get in shape, and being tired because I am not in shape. Does that make sense? Actually right now I am killing time - I need to get busy before I waste the day. Tonight Pastor Art and I are going to Albuquerque to worship and share fellowship with some friends at Thunderbird Ministries. Tomorrow night is the first performance of the Passion Play of the Navajo Nation. I have a 3 day weekend coming up because Monday is Navajo Nation Sovereignty Day. Maybe I will borrow Tziporah and her stroller and take a nice long walk.

No comments: