everyone counts

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Good Morning

Psalm 143:8
Let me hear Thy Lovingkindness in the moring, for I trust in Thee
Teach me the way which I should walk, For to thee I lift up my soul
Lamentations 3:22,23
The Lord's lovingkindessess indeed never cease, For His compasions never fail
They are new every morning - Great is Thy Faithfulness
I've noticed some new commenters on this site, welcome to all...
It is humbling and a bit unnerving to know so many people read these rambling thoughts, opinons and lamentations.
A new friend asked about Pastor Art because yesterday, we were sharing the computer and some of my comments were posted from his site.
Just a word of introduction and explaination to my new blog - mates
Pastor Art is my husband, a licesensed minister of Open Bible Standard Churches and our ministry is called Gateway of the Rock. You can get to our Ministry Blog site through my links,
or at this address: http://christstone.blogspot.com/
You can also link to Pastor Art's site - Temple Corners http://passingthoughts2.blogspot.com/
My site, the site you are currently visitng is more of a personal journal, though I do get into some theological discussions, and spend a lot of time in the WORD.
I am a teacher by profession, and school starts in a week - Yeah!
My religous back ground is Catholic. I'm proud to say I attended an all girl Catholic Highschool and graduated with an award for excellence in theology. But that was a long time ago.
I was born again in 1979 and took several Bible courses while I was earning my Bacholors degree in education at a Free Methodist College. I also took Bible Courses at a large Assembly of God Church in Rochester New York.
Currently, my husband, Pastor Art and I are attending an Assembly of God Church in Shiprock New Mexico - on the Navajo Indian Reservation. I am on the dance team, and work with the Children's ministries and my Husband is on the worship team, but we are taking a break from pastoring, and neither of us are in leadership at this church.
I am dealing with some heavy family, personal issues and as always, I am very greatful to those of my blogmates who are praying for me.
Isn't the blog world amazing? Oh the people you meet, just sitting at a keyboard and screen...
blog on

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to share that I, too, went to an all girls Catholic High School. It was a pretty small school. Only about 600 students and it was grades 7-12. Anyway, still praying for you and your family. Keep smiling.

Arthur Brokop II said...

You are alot younger than me. I didn't think they had any all girl schools left. Mine was small too. It's been closed down now. So has my elementary school...when I go "home" its as if my whole past life has been turned into a parking lot...thanks for the prayers.

Jerine said...

oh...now i get it. what makes u convert into another denomination?

Arthur Brokop II said...

Kamwei, I guess I'm just not a denomiantioal person. I've been Catholic, United Methodist, and Free Methodist. I've worshiped with Baptists, Episcapalians, Pentacostals. My husband is a pastor with Open Bible Standard Churches (sort of a charasmatic, evangelical, emergent denomination) and we are going to an Assembly of God church. In 25 years of being a Christian, I have found sincere believers as well as total hypocrites in all these places. I follow Jesus, fullfiller of the Old Testament Prophecies,
Savior of the World, and Coming again LORD!

LaBona, you are weird.
and circumcision is not a Christian tradition, nor is Female Circumcision a Jewish tradition.
I don't know where you get some of you ideas.