everyone counts

Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday Afternoon Meditation...oops, I mean Musings

I’m going to make this short. I will spend some time later today visiting my links but I’m not going to say much. I started blogging because I wanted to make contact with someone. I wanted to voice my ideas and opinions and be heard. And I like to write. It’s been fun getting comments on what I’ve written, both on my site and others’ but not all the comments have been nice. In fact some are very upsetting. Back when I first got saved, someone made the statement to me that Roman Catholics worshiped a false Christ. That really upset me, because the Jesus I had just asked into my heart was exactly the same Jesus that I had learned about in the Catholic Church. I have written that the main question is Who Do You Say Jesus Is? What then will you do about Jesus? But it seems Christianity isn’t as simple as that. I always knew the path was narrow. Now, as I read some of these Christian blogs, I am beginning to think the path is even too narrow for me. And I’m asking myself, have I really been wrong about God all these years? Apparently, the teachings of Jesus are not enough to live by. In fact although the Reformed and/or Anti EC or Anti Postmodern or Anti Eastern bloggers like to say “Sola Scriptura” the Bible isn’t enough either. It has to be Luther’s or Calvin’s or MacArthur’s or even their own personal take on what the word says…all others are wrong. Not only wrong, but people who disagree are pagans or heretics. That really bothers me. I sat in Church Sunday wondering just who all these people were worshiping? Was I worshiping the same God? And that is crazy thinking for me. Who have I been praying to, and why? So my new favorite verse comes to mind, Nehemiah 6:8 – to my accusers, to my distracters, “nothing like what you are saying is happening! You are just making it up out of your head!”

3 comments:

Rob said...

Hi Maryellen,

Welcome back! I hope your weekend was refreshing for you.

Thanks for your comments and interaction over at my blog, and I trust that my visits here have been a source of encouragement for you.

If I could recommend some friends of mine who blog, who have differing theological opinions at times from me BUT who have always shown a great deal of grace, acceptance, humour, and respect at all times. I've linked to them on my blog, but here's a few I would recommend:

Len Hjalmarson
Brother Maynard
Michelle
Maryann

When I was in the hospital last October, all of these people -- and MANY MANY other bloggers from all theological streams (Calvinist, Baptist, Vineyard, Pentecostal, Eastern Orthodox, Nazarene, etc.) -- emailed me and/or blogged comments of support, prayer, and encouragement.

A number of bloggers, including some I had never even heard of until then, posted entries asking all their readers to pray for me. I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of compassion and prayer on my behalf. And when I left the hospital a couple of days later, the doctors could find nothing wrong with me anymore. Answered prayer, without a doubt.

There are good, Christ-like bloggers out there who have been nothing but a blessing to me, even though we probably don't agree on everything. I trust you will find them a blessing to you as well.

Grace and peace,

Arthur Brokop II said...

Thanks Robby

MaryAnn Mease said...

thats how you found me...robbymac

i truly wish for my own selfish sake that their move would include our town...but God is amazing and Awesome and will direct their paths for His Glory...

keep questioning and asking for MORE...God will supply...there is always enough of Jesus to handle anything.