everyone counts

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Full Moon Setting

A time to mourn...a time to weep
Up before dawn again, and the moon which is nearly full
is setting behind my friend the mountain.
Created by YHWH to give light to the night and to mark the seasons...
And everything on Earth has its special season (Ecc.3:1 New Century Version)
The seasons are preordained, but are the events?
Was the shooting in Minn. preordained or was it preventable?
His young face haunts me now. And in it I see the eyes of my
troubled students, my angry students, it is too late for him and so
my prayers for them grow stronger... more urgent.
In our country...21st century America,
Land of the Free and Home of the Brave
A woman is publically being starved to death, and people say that is her right.
A community is beating drums to mourn the death of their children.
Churches who don't even believe that Jesus was divine, or that he actually rose from the dead, are planning big Easter Productions because they know that is one of the two days annually that people will bother to attend church, and they want their cut...LORD have mercy on us all

No comments: